Thursday, March 22, 2007

Services for mom


Monday the 26th; 6 pm Shaker Candelight Service at the school gym in Neah Bay. The shakers will stay with mom all through the night. Visitation will be allowed during this time.

Tuesday the 27th; 1 pm: Shaker Funeral Services at Neah Bay school gym. The service is expected to last for about 2 hours. There will be a dinner served following the service, hopefully the dinner will be held at the gym, we are waiting on permission to have food in the gym.

Saturday 31st; 1 pm: Memorial Service at the First Presbyterian Memorial church in Port Townsend. There will be an open house at 2:30 pm following this service. The open house is hosted by Bob and Edel Sokol at the Starrett Mansion.

Safe travel to all who can make it. Blessings to all who knew mom!

Wendy

1 comment:

katie morgan said...

A note to Trudi-

The mere presence of your mom could inspire a person to quit her job, purchase a cheap set of rain gear and sleeping bag, and embark on a journey up the Inside Passage.
In a log.

All from a brief encounter,
all without so much as suggesting it.

I love your mom.

I gave her so many opportunities.
Opportunities to teach lessons,
Was there a mistake that I missed making?
I’ll let you think on that one
I tended to be fairly thorough.
Not that it was a quest
I’m just a natural.

I don’t worry about your mom,
not really.
She’s more than fine I somehow know.
I only wish that she would take this opportunity to rest a little,
but that is not her way.

My greatest fear is that she’ll continue to look after and care for all of us-
It makes me want to be a better person.
To be one less burden.

Although she taught me that worrying is wasted time, from a distance I see how deeply your heart is broken. You and I don’t see each other, nor do we talk, but I care about you and wish that I could lift your heart and spirit.

Now, slave is such an ugly word.
I’ll do you one better,
Out of love for your family’s good works
I willingly vow to help you in any capacity within my power.

If there is something you need
I’ll do my best to make it happen.
I say this knowing that I’m talking to the trickster.

All my love,
Ol’ Iron Butt


a.k.a. Katie
You can find me in Indianola- I’m back home for now.